Hello NCNF Familia,
I am pleased to introduce the Collaborative Health Initiative for Spanish and Multicultural Education (CHISME). CHISME is an online Spanish presentation series developed by trainees for trainees designed to strengthen clinical language competency amongst Spanish-speaking trainees and early-career neuropsychologists.
We are currently recruiting participants for our pilot program!
We will be selecting 30 participants across career stages (e.g., graduate students, interns/post-docs, and early career professionals).
· Participants will attend Spanish clinical presentations to augment their clinical language knowledge with opportunities to practice key terminology in smaller groups through optional breakout room sessions.
· Each session will include a brief didactic topic relevant to the case, a formal case presentation, a discussion with the presenter, and then optional breakout rooms to practice relevant terminology.
· Participants will have access to a resource library consisting of supplemental Spanish reading materials and have an opportunity to build an international support network of fellow Spanish-speaking providers.
We will host six bi-weekly interactive webinars that will take place on Thursdays at 4:00 PM PST (7:00 PM EST) from June 2023 through August 2023. Dates are being finalized with speakers.
If selected as a pilot participant, you will be asked to:
- Commit to attending at least 5 of 6 presentations
- Complete pre-and-post surveys that should take 10-20 minutes each
To apply for participation in CHISME, individuals are required to complete an initial online registration survey where you will be asked to:
- Provide basic demographic information
- Provide a description of your academic background
- Submit your CV to verify your career status
Initial Enrollment Link: https://tinyurl.com/CHISME-Program-Enrollment
Please note that the enrollment/application deadline is May 26, 2023.
We appreciate your interest and support for this series. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHISME Committee Members