SAN FRANCISCO VA MEDICAL CENTER
TBI/POLUTRAUMA REHABILITATION RESEARCH
VA ADVANCED PSYCHOLOGY POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
- The focus of this post-doctoral training is to further develop clinical and clinical research expertise in the assessment and treatment of TBI, Polytrauma, and associated problems in Veterans, and to gain expertise in advanced neuroimaging methods.
- The educational didactics, clinical, and clinical research training are designed to meet Houston conference guidelines for board certification in clinical neuropsychology
- Fellows devote 75% of time to clinical research and educational activities and 25% of time to clinical training
- In collaboration with their mentors, fellows develop and implement a research project, present and publish their findings, and participate in grant writing.
- Clinical training will focus on assessment and cognitive rehabilitation of Veterans with TBI/Polytrauma
- The San Francisco VA’s Psychology Research Fellowship Program is affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco
- Full-time, two-year, 52 week commitment (2080 hours per year)
- Stipend: $55,565 for the first year
- Start date: 9/3/2019
Candidates MUST be US citizens, graduates of APA-accredited doctoral programs in clinical or counseling psychology, and MUST have completed an APA-accredited internship. All requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship year.
Full brochure can be seen at http://www.sanfrancisco.va.gov/education/psychologytraining.asp
Application Procedure Please submit application materials: letter of interest, current CV, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Tatjana Novakovic-Agopian by email Tatjana.Novakovic-Agopian@va.gov